Saturday, December 29, 2007
Hate it... cos I knew this would happen before the school closed.
Even asked that it to be confirmed whether I am still able to continue with the special arrangement but was told not to worry.
Was told to remain status quo as the P is ignorant and cannot be bothered with such issue.
Today, I decided to ask and was told that have to confirm with the P again as she is rather...
Hate it because I knew it would happened and was all prepared to look for another homebase job.
An ex-colleague and good friend even called me to tell me that there was an opening in a company which I can give it a try.
However, I could not because I was told to REMAIN STATUS QUO.
Now for the next 6 months, we will be financially challenged!
I hate it!
I wish I can do more to help out Superpig but I can't.
The little hobby business is not doing well as I did not put in a lot of effort and with the two princesses demanding my attention, I have very limited time to run it properly.
GOD HELP ME, HELP US... please....
If anyone is reading this, please leave some encouraging comments as I really need some now.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
All so exciting, so much to do...
and i lost her school exercise books.
Was labelling the books for school and then I realised that there were no exercise books.
I definitely paid for them.
I definitely took them home.
But I just cannot remember where I put them and I searched the whole house and I cannot find them.
Now Superpig got to go all the way back to her school to buy a new set.
What is wrong with me?
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Had a birthday celebration.
A special thank you to Pam (Honeymeow) for taking photographs for us.
Photos can be viewed in Aver's blog...
Here... I am going to talk about this past year.
Birth of Aver was smooth and really quite easy.
Taking care of Aver can be a challenge as she does not really like to take naps.
She was expected to be a big size baby like her sister but she did not live up to the expectation.
People around were always commenting that she is small for her age...but she is healthy and active so who cares what they say.
Then came the rashes... the coming and the going of the rashes really makes me quite upset.
However, with constant prayers and medication, I am very sure that it will be cured.
Aver wears me down with her constant need for my attention but she always made sure that she will give me her sweetest smile when I need it.
Aver loves her sister, Ash.
She follows Ash everywhere she goes and always get excited when we go to school to fetch Ash home.
A year... a very tiring year but yet a very fullfilling year.
A year... I breastfed Aver for a year and am willing to go on.
A year... I promise the next year will be just as fun as this year...
Saturday, December 15, 2007
All the items (except for the red bicycle) belonged to the new neighbour.
We cannot even get to the bicycle... (by the way, the bicycle never had its front wheel sticking out before.)
Anyway, the issue is here is safety...
A few months ago, the lifts broke down (all three of time... what is the chance of that happening?) and I had to use the stairs. Carrying Aver in the sling, I carefully made my way down the stairs.
It took me almost 20 minutes to reach the ground level.
Because the area around the stairs are cluttered with things.
I had to manoeuvre around the things and watch my steps hence the long time needed to reach the ground level.
And many have trouble trying to get the laundry dried as we do not need to indulge in dryers.
In my household, I resorted to have a fan blowing at the clothes so that it will help the drying process.
And then... it decided to stop raining for just one whole day ... 13 December 2007... it was a rather sunny day.
When I opened the window and viewed downwards... clothes are out sucking in the heat from the sun.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
I am glad that I begged my mum to come over and help me take care of Aver while I slogged away in the kitchen.
After about an hour of creaming the cupcakes, I finally can rest my legs.
Saturday, December 08, 2007
However, I did not really feel good about it.
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
There he is gorging down his dinner... but it's all without carbo. (Hope he doesn't scroll down to here or I will be RIP-ing)
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
It started with the theme - Princess
Then she selected the kind of cake that she wants and most importantly it has to be Mummy Baked.
After that was decided, we had to look for a suitable princess gown.
Well, buying one was an option but I felt that it will be wasting money.
So I decided to make one for her instead.
I worked on it for a few nights and by last night I was able to see a decent dress.
Close-up ... I spent around three nights to get this done.
The whole dress (almost whole....)
The Princess trying on ...
So what do you think? Nice enough? Should I be proud of my own handiwork?
Friday, November 30, 2007
Have been eyeing for a new digital camera which is slim and light.
Not that I do not like my Canon Powershot S40... I love it because of the semi-automatic function but it had been with us for six long years.
So I did asked Superpig whether I can have a new camera as my wedding anniversary, birthday and Christmas present. He initially refused as financially it may be a little difficult. I understand and I did not force him.
I must say that he is the best husband already.
He finally bought a Casio Exlim for me....
I love my Canon Powershot but I have an EOS for a better control of the function.
I love my Canon Powershot but I now have a slimmer and lighter Casio Exlim.
I just hope that the new camera will be up to my expectation.
THANK YOU Superpig... Muacks!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Have been cracking my head to cook a delicious enough dinner for Superpig since his diet.
He is sick of fish soup, chicken soup and so on.
In order to motivate him to continue with his already succeeding diet, I have to do something real fast before he gives up.
What can you do with mince pork meat and lettuce?
Fried them together? Lettuce will be come limp and lifeless...yuck.
Knowing he must be craving for some kind of burger, I decided to let him have burger then.
Marinated the meat with steak seasoning and sesame oil.
Chop up an onion.
Heat up the wok and oil, throw in lots of garlic, throw in the chopped onion.
Once the garlic and onion "smells" nice, throw in the minced meat.
Fry till meat is cooked.
Prepare your lettuce, peel the leaves off from core, wash and drain.
How to eat?
Get a piece of lettuce, put the meat on it (lots of it, if you like) and then add in mustard.
Wrap the lettuce around the meat and then stuff it into your mouth.
There... he got his burger (without the bread).
His comment.... Good and satisfying.
Let him tell you himself when he gets the time to read this.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
After being married for eight years, the report card for our marriage says:
"Still happily married with equivalent amount of happiness and sadness"
I can only say that I love Superpig very much and no matter how he irritates and piss me off at times, I can never stay angry with him for long. We can get into a super huge (I mean HUGE!) quarrel but in no time I will be laughing again. I just cannot stay angry with him ... and he knows that too.
However, I can speak for him... I think he only hopes that I can be happier and less of an irritant.
Anyway, the actual day of our wedding is 23 November and both of us totally forgot about it when the day came and went. Both of us were quite busy, him with the coordinating of a particular Mr H's new album and me with preparing for the princesses' birthday, crocheting, sewing, housework (which is largely neglected hence the outbreak of rashes on Aver), worries of Aver's rashes and many many more...
I remembered it only yesterday while on MSN chat with Pam and totally felt like hitting myself real hard for totally forgetting about it.
So we headed of to Tampines Mall's Fish and Co. for our favourite Swordfish Collar. Since Superpig is on the Atkins diet, I get all the chips... (which I did not finish and I better not. Look at the picture below and you will know why.)
We could not get a decent picture of just the two of us cos Ash kept insisting that she wants to be in the picture.
Do I not look pregnant? And no... I AM NOT!
So after eight years, from two of us to now four ... Superpig, Super Mum, Super Gal and Super Babe.
There... our household of Supers.
And there is Little Puffer saying goodbye.
Sunday, November 25, 2007
I had mentioned in earlier post that Aver's rashes were healing with the California Baby cream however, a few days ago the rashes came back.
The rashes were red and it looked infected.
Went back to the doctor and was given 3 days of oral antibiotics and also a stronger steroid cream.
I was kind of upset as he finally with this third visit confirmed that Aver has eczema.
On the brighter side, he said that he had seen cases with worse condition on the baby's face but as the baby grow, the condition improve. (Quite assuring ...)
However, being a pessimistic idiot, I came home feeling kind of down and thought real hard what could have triggered the rashes.
Then it dawned on me... PEANUTS!
Not that Aver were fed with peanuts, I ate them and I nurse her.
So it got into the milk which got into her body.
Hence the rash....
So all peanuts has been cleared from the house...given to my mum (another nut addict!)
Friday, November 23, 2007
Then I am suppose to tag another five people... which can be kind of a challenge because I do not know who is reading my blog.
Anyway, I will answer the questions first then I will try to get five fellow bloggers.
W H O . W A S . T H E. L A S T . P E R S O N
1. You hung out with?: Superpig and princesses
2. Saw you cry: Superpig (he was the one who made me cry... boo hoo hoo... but made it up with baking supplies)
3. Went to the movies with you?: Superpig and Princess Ash (think it was "Open Season" before Princess Aver was born)
4. You went to the mall with?: Superpig and Princesses
5. You went to dinner with?: Superpig and Princesses (We just went a few hours ago)
6. You talked on the phone to?: Superpig (I asked him whether we should bring Princess Aver to the Paed as her rashes came back with a vengeance)
7. Said ‘I love you’ to you and really meant it?: Superpig
8. Made you laugh?: Princess Aver (was playing with her "Snappity Snap" with my hands in the car on the way home two hours ago)
W O U L D . Y O U . R A T H E R?
1. Pierce your nose or tongue? Nose (but it will never happen... I am still plucking up courage to get another pair of ear holes pierced)
2. Be serious or be funny? Funny
3. Drink whole or skim milk? Whole (actually, I would rather not drink any... not much of a milk person)
4. Spend time with your parents or enemies? Parents or actually parent, my mom... (sorry, dad... I will spend my time with you when my time here is over)
D O . Y O U . P R E F E R.
1. Flowers or candy? Flowers (Daisy, my favourite)
2. Gray or black? Black
3. Color or Black and white photos? Colour
4. Lust or love? Love
5. Sunrise or sunset? Sunset (Could be due to my pessimistic nature... Sunset = end of the day, start of darkness...)
6. M and Ms or Skittles? M and Ms (I prefer chocolate than sweets)
8. Staying up late or waking up early? Staying up late.
D O . Y O U . P R E F E R.
1. Sun or moon? Moon (The Sun is too hot for me... I will melt)
2. Winter or Fall? Winter (I like it cold so that I can snuggle up to my love one... that is you, Superpig...hint hint...)
3. Left or right?: Right
4. 10 acquaintances or having two best friends?: Two best friends (I am at this point where I realised that my "friends" are causing me some heart pain but I am glad that I have met a new friend, Pam)
5. Sunny or rainy?: Rainy (I love to run out into the rain. Used to do that when staying my mother-in-law's place (a landed property) and no one can understand why)
6. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream: Chocolate ice cream
A B O U T . Y O U
1. What time is it?: 11.23 pm
2. Nickname(s): honey pudding, ling ling (to Superpig)
3. What is your birth date?: 7 Dec
4. What do you want?: Just want to be happy
5. Where do you want to live? Where my Superpig and Princesses are (I don't care where as long as I have them with me)
6. How many kids do you want?: 4 (Yes, I am crazy... I am not giving up on the number just need to work on the finances and time)
7. You want to get married? Of course... already am married to my biggest love
U N I Q U E
1. Nervous habit: Talking non-stop but not making any sense
2. Are you double jointed?: No
3. Can you roll your tongue?: No
4. Can you raise one eyebrow?: Yes (with much difficulty)
5. Can you cross your eyes?: Oh yes... I do that a lot to Princess Ash and Superpig
6. Do you make your bed daily?: No (If I do, I will not bear to sleep in it and I will end up in the living on the floor)
7. Can you draw? Yes (refer to previous posts of my drawing of butterflies)
R A N D O M
1. Which shoe goes on first? Right
2. Ever thrown a shoe at someone? No
3. What is your craziest experience ever? Tried to kill myself (yup... depression...don't worry about me now. I am seeing life in a different light and also have found ways to make myself happy)
F O O D
1. Do you twirl your spaghetti or cut it? Cut
2. Have you ever eaten spam? Yes (an ex-colleague shared her spam sandwich)
3. Favorite ice cream: Chocolate Ice cream by Walls (I think)
4. How many kinds of cereal are in your cabinet? Cheerios, conrflakes, Cocco Crunch, Honey Stars... okay, 4
5. What’s your favorite beverage? Milo ... thick thick (oh... I so need one now)
6. Do you cook? Yes (So far have not managed to poison anyone yet... that is an achievement already)
IN . T H E . L A S T . M O N T H . H A V E . Y O U ?
1. Bought something: Yes (quite a lot of things, to be exact)
2. Sang: Jesus Love You (Lullaby to Princess Aver)
3. Been hugged: Yes
4. Felt stupid: Definitely (banging head kind of stupid)
5. Missed someone: Yes
6. Danced crazy: Yes (swung my arms and legs ridiculously to tease my princesses)
7. Gotten your hair cut: No
8. Cried: Yes
9. Lied: Yes (not to Superpig...can't seems to lie or keep anything from him at all)
Okay... I have completed mine.
Now five other bloggers:
Ellena of "Cuisine Paradise"
Jean of "Rice and Soup"
Tracy of "A Beautiful Life"
Jessie Chua of "Jessie Culinary"
Mel of "Once Upon A Time"
So copy the questions and answer away....
It opens up with a changing mat.
The English Paper
Okay, we are really proud of her but yet again what we are not so sure she will do as well when she goes primary one next year. She is a very easily distracted gal and that is the one weakness that will cause her downfall.