Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

The world of blogging

I was introduced to blogging by a friend who no longer visit my blog anymore. What's the reason? I don't know either. Think that our friendship just sort of frizzled out but that is another story for another time.

So... back to the world of blogging.

I like to read blogs written by many creative people and I am amazed by the quality of their writing and also the stuff that they do.

Here are some of the blogs that I read and hope to share with you why I read them.

1. riceandsoup
- The author is a friend from church and I like the way she writes.

2. Fluffy Flowers
- I like the little creatures that she make and they way she describes the things around her. It makes me want to get out of this crappy place. And since I cannot ... it spurs me on to create a pleasant living space.

3. Tiny Happy
- I chanced onto her blog when a mother from a forum sewed a shoulder bag based on a tutorial she put up in her blog. I like the items that she sew and really love the baby shoes. I also like her photos.

4. Cuisine Paradise
- A beautiful blog which show the love of a mother through her cooking. I learnt a few dishes from her blog and truly admire her ability to involve her son in many of her baking sessions. It was through her that made me try to bake with Ash too. Now I truly admire her strength as a single mum. My heart broke when I read her blog, finding out about the change in her life. It was like my own sister going through the trials of life. She may not remember me now but we had msn-ed each other years ago.



5. Angry Chicken
- I like her crafts, her ideas and her style of writing.


I noticed that these blogs that I read have very pretty photos and it make my blog pale in comparison. Reading about them also sort of make me think about my life ... its kind of boring.

So, first and foremost, I have to learn to take better photos and I would like to blame it on my camera and hoping for a new one. However, I do have a superb Canon 350D which I threw a big tantrum in order to have it. So there will be no new camera coming, no matter how big a tantrum I am going to throw.

Then, I need to brush up on my writing skills. To think that I was an English teacher ... shame on me.

And, there should be more activities with my family members other than shopping... which I have greatly reduced. However, the weather is too hot for anything except to seek refuge in air-conditioned places.

Lastly, I hope if anyone is reading, please leave comments so that I have the motivation to blog on. I hope to hear from people who read my blog (if there is any...) so that I can improve.

2 comments:

tooski said...

I am here! Keep blogging!

twosweetkids said...

I read your blog! :)