Pages

Friday, May 13, 2005

Something is very wrong with me

Like I mentioned in the title, there seems to be a problem with my body. For the last three days, I was nursing a terrible migraine. That is not the only thing that I am nursing. I am also nursing a terrible stomach. I seems to be constantly plagued by this stomach cramps for the last two day.


I thought the cramps were gastric cramps since I have this terrible habit of skipping my meals. However, it is not. I know that definitely because since I had these cramps, I have dilligently ate my meals eventhough I do not have the appetite for it.


Now I suspect is due to my gastric flu. I suffered from that over the Labour Day long weekend. It all started with my favourite food...CHILLI. I ate Loh Mee in the school canteen in Thursday and the vendor knows that I am truly and utterly in love with chilli and it has to be as spicy as it can be. So she dumped in two soup spoons of chilli paste (made of chilli padi). In the afternoon, when I returned home, I felt the trouble coming and chided myself for my foolidhness (by the way, this is not the first time). I ended up in the washroom quite a few times.


By that evening, I was bent on the double with spasm. It hurt so badly that I was rolling in bed and groaning in terrible pain. My husband and daughter had no choice but to leave me alone to nurse my pain because there was nothing they could do. I suffered in tremendous pain for about three hours and my husband decided that it is not getting any better and forced me to go to the doctor. I refused (stubborn... that's why).

He was more stubborn than me and my daughter was beside me patting me and reassuring me. In her words, it can be very reassuring and comforting. She said,"It's okay. Your tummy pain pain, is it? It's okay. Daddy will bring you go to the doctor. It's okay. Eat medicine and then pain will go away. Want to go to my Doctor Ong?" (Doctor Ong is her PD)


Finally, I relented because I think my daughter gets upset seeing me in pain. So they half dragged me to the clinic. I was too weak to walk on my own and not forgetting when the spasms came, I had to stop moving. It was that painful.


At the clinic, I was given a jab (OUCH!!!) and the spasm disappeared. I was under strict instruction to avoid spicy food. Sadly, the medication only lasted for one hour so by 11 p.m. I was again in pain. The pain remained for the rest of the night.


After that incident, I had stayed away from chilli and only started to take them recently in this week and I guess my tummy just refuse to accept the torture.


No chilli for me? What is life without chilli?

1 comment:

A Oyster Chronicles Production said...

poor thing...how are you feeling? Maybe the pain would help you help better (not that you are not a good writer)...

Anyway, to more serious stuff...

Just go to http://www.tag-board.com/

You just need to follow the instruction. Set up an account. if you have problem copying the code, ask your honey. He should be able to help.