Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I have finished reading...

Perfect Match
by
Jodi Picoult

From the backcover of the book:

What happens when you do all the wrong things for all the right reasons?

As an assistant district attorney, Nina Frost prosecutes the sort of crimes that tear families apart. But when Nina and her husband discover that their five-year-old son Nathaniel has been sexually abused, it is her own family that is devastated. The world Nina inhabits now see,s different from the one she lived in yesterday; the lines between family and professional life are erased; and answers to questions she though she knew n o longer easy to find.

Overcome by anger and desperate for vengeance, Nina ignites a battle that may cause her to lose the very things she's fighting for.


My afterthoughts...

I will do my very best to protect my children from any harm that may befall them. If harm comes in the form of an illness that strikes with no warning, I can only pray for the mercy healing hands of God to be upon them. However, if harm is inflicted upon them by another human being, I cannot confidently say that I will not harm the person who inflicted it.

I had been harmed before and when my own mother did not stood up and protect me, I realised that I was not worthy to be protected. I realised that I am not important enough. Till this very day, I still doubt my worthiness and my importance. Do I hate my mum for that? Nope... guess she did not know how to react to it all at that time. She had her hands full trying to make sure that she bring in enough money to keep us alive.

Now, for my children... I am and will do anything for them!

No comments: