Friday, June 03, 2005

It's been about two weeks

Well, it's true. It had been about two weeks since I last blogged. Was so overwhelmed with work that I cannot breathe. The last two weeks of school were really hectic.

First, we had to ensure that the pupils were able to complete the project work in time for the Open House. Eventhough my pupils' work may not be as fabulous as the top two classes but I think they should also have a chance to display their work. So I tried really hard to ensure that most of their final products were presentable. To my great relieve, they actually did better than I had expected.

Second, we also had to prepare the items to be sold in the charity fair held during the Open House. So I was trying to get the pupils to get as many beads handicraft done as possible. On top of that, I went home and continued with the handicrafts. I roped in both my husband and daughter to help. So we spent a few nights bent over the craft.

Third, we had to ensure that the report books are ready to be given out to the pupils. However, there was a delay from the top. They issued out a letter informing parents that the report books would be released on Tuesday (after the Vesak Day holiday). So we stayed back on Friday to print and check the result slips, signed them and dumped it in their trays for them to sign over the weekend. Alas, it was not done... on Tuesday, everything was still sittng snuggly in the trays.

However, all work and no play makes me a dull person. So over the Vesak Day long weekend, we visited the various farms in Choa Chu Kang. I had my eye on a dwarf rabbit. It was so docile and lovely. I fell in love with it immediately. Most importantly, my daughter was also attracted to it. She kept on patting it and even talked to it. However, my husband was not really touched by that little fellow. So we left it and went to look for other adventures.

My daughter kept insisting on catching fish. So we went to a particular shop that allowed us to catch as many fiah as we want at no time limit for just the price of $4. So we did. Together with her, we caught about 20 over little fish and she was beaming with joy after that.

Relentless over the issue of the rabbit, I harassed my husband. So he gave in at the end. In the same evening, we rushed down to another pet shop to have a look at the dwarf rabbit that was on sale there but was quite disappointed.

Guess what? The next day, we went back to Choa Chu Kang and found that little adorable rabbit and bought it back home. So now we officially have two pets; a chincilla and a dwarf rabbit.

As for the 20 over fish that we caught, in the span of two weeks, they died. Guess we are not really suitable for rearing fish. This is not the first time that fish die on us.

And we are going to the zoo tomorrow!

No comments: