Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Homeschooling Continues

We had a Parent-Teacher Conference at Aver's childcare the week before.
From the teachers' feedback, we knew that Aver is progressing well in school.
However, due to her bi-weekly fever (something that we do not know why yet) she misses school on a regular basis too. So, I decided that we (sorry, I...) should try and supplement some learning at home. It is something simple to reinforce what was learnt in school.
Actually, I had started a few months ago but time just forbade me to do it on a regular basis.
This time round, I really have sit down and structure the lessons.
This is the start...


She started with practising writing of the letters 'A' and 'E'.
Then I wrote some letters out and had her identify the letter 'a'.
For the next activity, I wrote out the capital letter 'E' and the small letter 'e'.
She was to identify all the capital letter 'E'.
As she did the activities, I had her articulate the sounds of the letters.
She did well for the lesson that day.

1 comment:

about Jaeden said...

wow..can Jaeden join in too...