Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2007

God's Medication - 19 July 2007, Thursday

Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:5-6
--------------------------------------------------
Woke up this morning feeling rather down casted. Could be because I know that I would be alone to handle the children as husband has to go off earlier for a meeting. I don't blame him just feel that I am not so independent after all.
With this foul mood, I turned to His Words and the verse jumped out at me. Yes, why am I in a foul mood? What is it that made me feel so moody? Since I cannot understand why I was feeling so moody, why continue to wallow in it?
Really, it is time to lift my head up, put my hope in God and sing a praise out loud to him.
Instead of trying to find out why I am moody, I should look around me and find things to praise Him for.
Both my daughters are healthy. My husband has a job. I have a job. We have a wonderful home to stay in (but needs to throw out the clutter...) and many many wonderful things to thank Him for.
------------------------------------------------------
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.

Psalm 42:5-6

No comments: