Pages

Monday, July 30, 2007

God's Medication - 30 July 2007

Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7
____________________________________________________
Was in church the day before and was reading through 'The Link' similar to a newsletter thingy we get every Sunday during service. There was an excerpt from Pastor Rony Tan's sermon and it really made me realised that I had been very very short-sighted.
It mentioned that do we have troubles? Do we have many troubles in our lives? The answer is positive. I have many troubles so much so that I am constantly stressing myself out.
However, it read ... of course you have troubles. Troubles are part of our life. It is not the troubles that are the problem. The problem is how we face our troubles. The attitude that we have when we are faced with these troubles.
Hey... that is true. Everywhere and every time, there will be trouble waiting for us. Sometimes, I get so overwhelmed that I want to give up. I even questioned Him. I asked,"Why, Father? Why can't you let me have some peace? Why do I have so many problems that I need to solve all at the same time?"
Well, now I know the answer. I was too busy counting all the troubles and trying to solve them one at a time. However, I forgot to quieten myself and submit my life to Him and to ask Him to help me.
So, troubles are part of life, our attitude towards them will determine whether we can overcome them or be drowned by them.
____________________________________________________________________
Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving,
present your requests to God.
And the peace of God,
which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: